/wp-content/plugins/jwc-custom/jwc-custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
Westminster Canterbury - Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Who stands behind Westminster Canterbury?
- A: Westminster Canterbury is one of six communities in Virginia affiliated with and guided by the high standards of the Episcopal and Presbyterian churches. It is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Trustees that is open to people of all faiths.
- Q. Is Westminster Canterbury an accredited community?
- A: Yes. WCL is nationally accredited by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission and CARF. This accreditation demonstrates our commitment to meeting national standards of excellence and ensures the comfort and peace of mind of residents and their families.
- Q. What agreement options are offered?
- A: You’ll be asked to choose one of the following Plans:
- Unlimited LifeCare Plan: The most extensive coverage offered, with no limit to the number of healthcare days to which you are entitled at no additional charge.
- Limited LifeCare Plan: Offers coverage for 365 days of healthcare services at no additional charge.
- Fee-for-Service: Offers guaranteed access to healthcare services at the published daily rate. This plan is designed especially for those with LTC policies.
- No Entry Fee Azalea Unlimited LifeCare Plan: Offers the same coverage as the Unlimited LifeCare Plan above, but without an Entry Fee. This Plan is limited to Azalea Studio floor-plans.
- Q. How refundable is my entry fee?
- A: You select how you want to invest you dollars and the refund option that is right for you. There are three refund options to consider:
- Traditional Refund Option: Your Entry Fee Refund declines gradually at 2% for each month of residency during the first 50 months.
- 50% Refund Option: Your Refund declines at a rate of 2% per month for 25 months. From that point on, a 50% refund of your Entry Fee is guaranteed once the residence is re-occupied.
- 90% Refund Option: The refund declines at a rate of 2% per month for 5 months. From then on, a 90% refund is guaranteed once the residence is re-occupied.
- Q. Are any of the fees tax deductible?
- A: Yes, a significant portion of your Entry fee and Monthly Services fee is recognized as tax deductible under both the Unlimited and the Limited LifeCare plans.
- Q. What about my pet?
- A: Yes, WC-Lynchburg is a pet-friendly community.